To celebrate Science Week 2022, we are giving away 32 Science-in-a-Box programmes, one per county – kindly supported by the Naughton Foundation. The winning schools will receive 1 x Science-in-a-Box programme and a winner will be chosen from every county on the island of Ireland!
To enter, simply register and tell us why your school deserves to win HERE!
The competition was a great success last year – check out the end of year video compilation below!
Winning schools from last year’s competition will be excluded from competing – sorry – we know you loved it but we want to spread the love!
ABOUT STEAM SCIENCE PROGRAMMES
Our Science-in-a-Box programmes include a series of 5 x 1-hour, curriculum-linked lessons. Our aim is to introduce human biology and life on earth to students in a fun, creative and interesting way. The programmes are best suited to students in 5th/6th class/P6/P7. Choice of programmes [depending on availability] including Introduction to Human Biology & Building Blocks of Biology. Check out our STEAM School Science Brochure.
For more information, get in touch with Shauna – Shauna.Lawless@steam-ed.ie
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition is open to primary schools in ROI and NI.
- Winning schools from last year’s competition will be excluded from competing – sorry – we know you loved it but we want to spread the love!
- Programmes are suitable for 5th/6th or P6/P7.
- Only one competition entry per school.
- Schools win base prize to the value of one 5 lesson programme for one senior class (up to 30 children) with one zoom scientist. However the programme, method and style of delivery dependent on class size, number of classes per year group, and scientist availability. To be discussed with school on entry. If schools have more than one class in the year group we can discuss alternative options.
- All winners will be notified accordingly. If any of the chosen winners do not respond within two weeks, an alternative winner will be chosen.
- Programmes will run from December 2022 to June 2023 but will be sent to schools as soon as possible after the competition winners are announced. Scheduling of zoom scientists will be done in discussion with STEAM Education.
- Both programmes are available as Gaeilge for Teacher Led versions.
- Some schools information and participation will be required for GDPR and PR purposes, and consent forms for photographs will also be sent on.
- Pre and post programme evaluation forms will also be sent to the teachers to enable STEAM to assess efficacy and performance. Your cooperation in this is greatly appreciated!
—– To enter, simply register and tell us why your school deserves to win HERE —–