Inspiring kids to love Science Technology Engineering Art Maths
Effective date: 20th of April 2022
www.steam-ed.ie (the “Site”) is owned and operated by STEAM Education Ltd. STEAM Education Ltd. is the data controller and can be contacted at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +353 (0)87 6189837
- Office: Unit 2 John Dunlop Building, Marina Commercial Park, Centre Park Road, Cork, T12 YFH1, Ireland.
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data
- Who has access to the data collected
- The rights of Site users
- Third Party Data Processors
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU 2016/670) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal basis to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU.
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows:- The online transaction cannot be completed.
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, to answer any questions they may pose through our online contact form. If a user does not provide the personal data (email address, phone number) the consequences are as follows:- We will have no way to contact them and reply to their query.
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, to sign up to our company Newsletter, through our online form. If a user does not provide the personal data (email address) the consequences are as follows:- The user will not be signed up correctly to be able to receive any newsletters distributed by email.
Personal Data we collect
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way:
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
- First and last name;
- Email address
- Phone number;
- Address; and
- Payment information
This data may be collected using the following methods:
- Online form
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes.
- To deliver the product to the customer; and
Who We Share Personal Data With:
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
Digital Marketing Service Providers
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activity on our behalf. Such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
We will not sell your data to other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks for our site to another site, please note that we are not responsible for and we have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose the data has been collected for has been achieved.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
While we take all reasonable precautions to insure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data, their parent or guardian may contact our data protection officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data if we have disclosed your personal data, and to who we have disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our data protection officer here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue, If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Data Protection Commission.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints you can contact our data protection officer, David Nolan at: email@example.com
Unit 2 John Dunlop Building, Marina Commercial Park, Centre Park Road, Cork, T12 YFH1, Ireland.